Thursday, March 29, 2007

coming in third in a two horse race!!!!!

after soo long decided to update this. been spending the past few days and nights at school studying and this is a sort of entertainment, posting at 4 15 in the morning.

spending the 2 hours travelling to school and back everyday, i noticed ive become oblivious (thanks tina for introducing me to this word) to the scenary swishing past and the people opposite me..simply because of a 2gb mp3 player stuck in my ears. now, i'm not complaining about the player.. 800 songs, easy to use menus, pretty good sound with a built in equaliser, FM radio (for the tv mobile broadcasts and match scores live when im late in meeting friends to watch the game) it's an engineering wonder! but i am worried.. i have noticed a startling difference in the way I listen to music. with the capacity to store many songs, i am definitely spoilt for choice and so when i get bored with a certain song, i simply flip to the next, jumping songs, albums, genres.

with the discman, i knew i had no choice but to listen to whatever limited music i had on that one cd, that i rarely skipped tracks, listenining carefully to each song. the more i listened the more i noticed the musicality, rythms, the message the artist was putting across. and then a song i never liked the first time becomes a favourite.

there is so much in a song to listen to and appreciate, and strangely enough i feel robbed of that. the mp3 player gets me more songs but in the end i appreciate less music.

i also miss the cd sleeves with the photos, writeups and lyrics. and that gave me prelude to what i could expect from that cd and sort of set a mood as well. mp3 albums online hardly have such features and worse still when its downloaded off limewire. am i really better off with this teach gadget or does it kill my music and artist appreciation? its an individuals choice i guess...

would it make sense to say that in this race to better ourselves technologically we are actually losing out? nah....its absolute bull....just tryin to sound philosophical and ratiocinatial (is that the rite way to conjugate that verb karen? cos that a word that i had to google when u mentioned it in your comment)....an attempt to match the title with what i actually wrote haha...the real purpose of this title was to bitch about the indian cricket team who lost to bangladesh when at the group stages it should've been a fight between sri lanka and india only...but after reading quite soo much about them already and those many emails (thanks megs :D) i guess those guys need to be left alone for a while...literally....

wow what a long post...it amazes me that i could write soo much..sorry was really too bored at school missing a special someone a lot, finding it hard to concentrate..tips on what to comment if u get too bored to read it entirely: visit www.twisted-dna.com for ideas.

TINA QUICK YOU NEED TO CATCH UP!!!!

27 comments:

wildeyes said...

WOW!!!!awesome post ryan!!!!!it cant get better than this.

Karen Xavier said...

I agree....

wildeyes said...

do u even remember this page? or is it alrady another closed chapter in ur book??

Ryan W.F. said...

Meghs u picked that first comment off tdna's comments for dummies yea? lol

Anonymous said...

You bring up an interesting point. Information and entertainment came to such a point that we don't take one moment of what we don't want. Case in point, I used to occasionally watch Jon Stuart show. Now I don't want to see the whole thing because I don't have time. I just catch best pieces off of YouTube! I too feel what you feel, like I am missing out on a lot by cramming myself only with things that interest me!

Hey, don't blame me if your readers resort to fast-track-commenting :)

wildeyes said...

hahaha, tat comment was before i read his post re.....i was being sarcastic...notice the date


ur most welcome for all the mails :D..... i think i still have more..lol

wildeyes said...

oh and also, ur beoming like sajeeve, wat wit the long posts n all.......but i can be forgiven k, considering its been 2 motnhs since ur last post.

wildeyes said...

oh i just read it again....who are u missing so much ryan???n how coem i dont know??

Karen Xavier said...

I actually like the IPod, I mean I do not carry it around like you do... I just connect it to the speakers and leave it running. It selects random tracks and plays them... and this brings back a lot of memories, becasue I am transported back in time... whenever an old track begins to play. And I really wouldn't know about the conjugation of the verb ratiocinatial, I hardly use these kinds of words in everyday life... heck! I do not even use the word 'conjugate' in daily life. And who are you missing??? and nice job ryan... I hope you have many more study nights like this, you do write well.

Ryan W.F. said...

im missing u meghs! ;) (that toungue stick out smiley on msn hahahah)

Ryan W.F. said...

hey td...thanks for stoppin by my blog.
karen..will have more study nights at schooll till the 2nd

Ryan W.F. said...

karen..ill have more study nights at school...and u have more night studyin the word conjugate!!! lol

wildeyes said...

awwwwwwww, so sweet ryan!!!enough wit the sarcasm...who r u really missing???

Ryan W.F. said...

who else could i be missing meghs...u already know who na...so why do u keep asking :)...ur such a prick lol!!!!

Karen Xavier said...

I do not know who you are missing... is it who I think it is?

Ryan W.F. said...

sure Karen...who are u thinking it is?

Karen Xavier said...

Who do you think, I think it is .. ryan?

Ryan W.F. said...

yep karen i think it is who u think it is.
just to confirm who are u thinkin it is again??? hahaha

wildeyes said...

ok, who are u guys talkin obut???tell me too

Anonymous said...

ryan i know it wasnt me who you were missing... so who was it really??

Ryan W.F. said...

nami???????????? u said stgh thanks :)

That Squirrel said...

I really liked this post. I'm someone who gets mad at people for mishandling CDs. Even if they placed it on the table "right side" up. It IS nice to have actual CDs, with labels and lyrics and it's nice to see them stacked up. While I do have an mp3 player and convert my CDs into that format(and sometimes download stuff), I try to buy most of what I like as CDs (Unfortunately, we don't get a lot of artists I like here).
Even so, the advantage to the little mp3 player is the size and the number of songs.
Oh by the way, I'd like to thank you for the contibution to my blog too. I forgot to add your name, sorry!

Karen Xavier said...

ryan ryan ryan... you're cute, you know... everyone wants to be missed by you!!!

littlemuch said...

hey i do have to update! it's been ages. ill update when im back home, or some time later in the day.
sajeeeve was so blown yesterdy, so was kavidey hehehehe
she got high the night before the wedding.

littlemuch said...

i postedddd

Zak said...

do u remember the good old days when we had cassetes with those filmy tapes inside used to be the order of the day! i still remember fas forwarding and rewinding to go to a particular song! i used to to feeel happy if i stop fast forwarding exactly at the point where i needed to get to :p ... wow ! i wonder if anyone uses cassetes these days!

wildeyes said...

i have loads of cassettes at home, but dont use it:(